It has been a very long time since I did an amigurumi. I think, my last one is Mr. Chocolate back in 2006. I used to do a lot of them before my pregnancy of Aina, and even made a website called Avocadolite Farm that allowed people to adopt the amigurumi I made.
But this time, I wanted to make something different. Ever since I did the Nutcracker Ballet Dolls, I’ve been wanting to make a crochet ballet doll. So, finally, after 12 years, I started to make a head and limbs.
Then, I started to run into problems with making the torso… I guess, since I haven’t done human torsos before, it ended up looking weird on the first try.
After some tinkering (meaning: frogging the torso and started again), adding some shape onto the hip and waist, I think it finally looked better and closer to a ballet body. I put a wire skeleton in her, so she’s bendable and can retain poses.
I ran out of eyes and have to go out to buy some, so I haven’t finished the face yet. For the hair, I’m still figuring out the best way to make a hairline. So far, middle parting looked the best. I like the current ballet bun, though.
I know she’s not finished yet, but Aina loooooooved her. She kept playing with her, putting her in all kinds of ballet poses.
I can’t wait to finish her up. Maybe a simple practice tutu and of course a kind face.