this is our daily schedule in the past three days. prior to that, we basically have no schedule at all and were totally sleep-deprived.
- 2-3AM – either i wake up (breast is full) or aina wakes up (hungry), but we both wakes ari up. feeding time. then, we all go back to sleep again.
- 5AM – aina wakes up for another feed. usually, she goes back to sleep again without much fuss.
- 7AM – another feed again. but this time, she can’t go back to sleep since the sun is up. my mom does the laundry from yesterday.
- 8-9AM – bathing time, she hates it. and this followed by immediate feeding, to make her happy. my mom sweeps the house.
- 9AM-1PM – the fussy time. she cries and cries and refused to be consoled. she usually sleeps very little during these hours. she feeds normally, though (2-3 hours apart). my mom continues to clean the house. she also goes to buy groceries and cooks during this time, while koda has her breakfast
- 1-7PM – she’s usually calmed down, so this is the time when we have lunch (take turns), ari works, i take naps, mom does too. she feeds as usual.
- 8-9PM – we have dinner, getting ready for the last feed of the day. koda also has her dinner during this time.
- 10PM – after the feed, we go to bed, along with aina. put sleeping aina on her crib in our room (we have moved the crib to our room) and we move all the breastfeeding stuff upstairs, turn off the lights and go to bed. this is the only time that we can sleep around 4 hours straight.
funny how different the schedule compare to the time before aina was born:
- 12PM – we wake up, feed koda and start working.
- 3PM – go to lunch. and go back to work again. sometimes, i nap.
- 8PM – dinner time, watch TV, play video games, etc.
- 11PM – sometimes we go take a walk around the neighborhood with koda before feeding her.
- 4AM – go to bed, with koda curling on our feet.
life was so much simpler.
anyways, i knew the schedule may not last that long. today, things changed again… starting at 3AM this morning, aina keep asking for milk every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. we didn’t have time to rest at all. is this what they call growth spurt? i guess, since aina is turning 2 weeks old today, it’s about time…
ps: yay, her navel stump came off today! perfect timing as we celebrate her 2 week old birthday (by not doing anything but giving her milk almost every hour).