wanda posted the picture below on her journal, reminiscing the time when the whole family went to a vacation in Pangandaran Beach, the one that’s hit by the tsunami a few days ago.
the picture, which was taken over 20 years ago, amuses me… it’s mind-boggling to see how different we are now compare to this picture…
from left to right, by the number:
- Yana— who is twins with Yani (see below).
- Andung — our grandmother.
- Vio — is about to be a doctor.
- Amelia — is now an artist residing in Bandung.
- ME! — thalia, married with one dog.
- my mom
- Alfa – i mention her often enough in this journal.
- Tante Lusy (i think? Correct me if i’m wrong.) — Demy and Prissy’s mom.
- Wanda — the girl who posted this picture. graduating uni.
- Ramanda — my brother, a comic artist.
- Lendra — Yana and Yani’s older brother. Married with one kid.
- Demy — married with one kid.
- Prissy — married with two kids.
- Yani — since they are twins and look alike, i’m not a hundred percent sure if i don’t get them mixed up… this picture is a little too blurry to spot their differences.
- Adry — Amelia’s brother. Married… does he have kids yet?
you see, i hardly see them. we don’t live in the same city… well, not even in the same country. Yana used to live in Netherlands. Demy, Prissy, Lendra, Ramanda, Yani and Adry are in Australia. Wanda and Alfa are in Jakarta and Amelia is in Bandung. we don’t really hang out together, unless there is some big family event. and even in those events, some of us are still too awkward to talk to each other… and that’s why i found it amusing to see the picture and remember how close we were back then.