So, after 1 month of practice, I got to record a full version of the dance. This video was taken 3 days ago, on Tuesday, so it was almost exactly 1 month after the first video was taken.
A week after the previous video was taken, she was taught the full dance. From then, it got harder, because Ms. Ho started to fix all the moves and details. Longer hang time on the arabesque, higher and straighter legs, lifting the elbows higher, flutter the legs, turnouts and extensions… all that stuff. Her homework also got tougher, since on top of those push-ups and core works, also she had to face her nemesis: oversplits with backbends and hyper-extended legs (she has tight back-knees).
Today, she’s down with fever and sore throat, so she couldn’t go to her Friday ballet class. So after a few hours of sleep, we spent our late afternoon going through her ballet videos, such as this one. And it made me want to post this one… so here it is.