back in june, noushka came to visit and brought us a bubble-blowing machine kit. the box said it “really works!”, so we were eager to see if the claim was right.
but then, we got sorta busy doing other things… oops.
after four months, we finally took time to put it together. everything in the box seems to be the things that we can easily find around the house: cardboard cutouts, rubber bands, double-sided tapes, etc.
it’s supposed to be a kit for 10-year old kids. but honestly, the construction was more complicated than we thought would be.
there were a lot of glueing things together and i sucked at aligning things together. honestly, IKEA stuff are easier to put together compare to this little thing.
finally, in the late afternoon, we got it all put together. we inserted the battery and turn the homemade switch (made out of round cardboard, metallic paper and thumbtacks) on. happily, the bubble wand moved up and down and the fan rotated. yay! it’s working…
then, we pour the soap bubble into the container. the machine dipped the wand in, lifted it up and blew… the soap membrane concaved a little and immediately straightened again. no bubbles… we tried a few times, and still no bubbles. made some adjustment on the wand alignment against the fan, still no bubbles. finally, i took the wand out of the crank and out it in front of the fan. no bubbles at all… now it’s obvious that the fan isn’t strong enough to blow the bubbles.
aww… the kit didn’t work. aina was clearly dissapointed 🙁
well, i guess, we either buy a stronger motor for the fan or try to construct a funnel to make the fan more efficient. maybe next weekend.