at the beginning, i wanted to make a pair of leggings for aina out of leftover materials. as soon as i laid down the pattern, it was obvious that the width of fabric was too narrow. so, i decided to make a dress instead. after cutting the front part of the dress, once again, i noticed that there is not enough fabric for the back part. so, i had to settle with a top for aina. i guess, that’s what happen when you wing it and don’t have pattern.
it was made using a leftover from her old sling and sleeves from my brown pregnancy tees (i cut it off because i wanted a short sleeves). but i got pretty frustrated over the knitted material… it’s so stretchy that it’s hard to sew it neatly. the straight lines are okay, but all the stitches around the neck are squiggly and wavy. i think, i have to redo it in pink color so that even though it’s squiggly, no one can really see it.
it turns out to be a little big for her, especially around the neck area. it’s my fault for not doing any measurements… oops.
i love the color combination, though. aina loves it, too… because it’s PINK! last night, when i was hemming the bottom part, aina ran around half naked because she refused to wear anything else but her new (unfinished, at that time) pink top. i’m a happy, flattered mom.